Posted in Star trails astrophotography gallery
Taken simultaneously with Star Trails over Observatorio del Teide, from the exact same spot, with a separate camera pointed in a different direction.
It should be noted that this photograph was created using slightly a different processing method in comparison to the other star trail images, making the stars less pronounced, with a greater emphasis on the hue differences of the sky background. This was achieved by stacking the material two times: once by averaging out the data and once with a standard lighten method. Finally, both stacks were blended together in Photoshop.
The central brightening near the horizon is a result of the phenomenon of zodiacal light, which was also very prominent to the naked eye.
- Location: Observatorio del Teide, Tenerife, Canary Islands
- Date and time: 2015 March 14, 21:37 WET - 23:07 WET
- Camera: Nikon D5300
- Mount: Baader Astro & Nature tripod
- Optics: Samyang AE 10 mm
- Exposure: 160 x 34 sec., ISO 1600, f/4.8
- Processing: Adobe Lightroom (NEF development); ProStack (stacking); Adobe Photoshop (data recombination, color balance, curve adjustment)
Share this photograph
Like my work? Spread the word!