Posted in Moon astrophotography gallery
The event occured shortly after sunset at an altitude of less than 2 degrees above the horizon. Kuba Kowarczyk and I were almost certainly the only observers who have managed to capture this event in Poland, and quite possibly one of the few people in the entire world. The only other observation I found was one made by György Soponyai in Hungary.
Time lapse of the occultation, frames taken in 3-second intervals:
- Location: Zwardoń, Poland
- Date and time: 2015 October 25, 18:31 CEST
- Camera: Nikon D5100
- Mount: Baader Astro & Nature tripod
- Optics: Nikkor AF-S DX 55-300 at 300 mm
- Exposure: each frame 1 sec., ISO 400, f/5.6
- Processing: Adobe Lightroom (NEF development)
This photograph elsewhere
Share this photograph
Like my work? Spread the word!